Being a buyer in today’s market can be brutal. Multiple offer situations occur on just about every home in the Central Texas real estate market. It’s difficult to prepare, emotionally, for the fierce competition buyers face trying to land a home. But one thing buyers can do is prepare for what NOT to do when purchasing a home. Here are the ‘Ten Commandments’ homebuyers should follow.
1. Thou shalt not change jobs, change job titles, become self-employed or quit your job.
2. Thou shall not buy a car, truck, van or RV…or you may be living in it!!
3. Thou shalt not use credit cards excessively or let current accounts fall behind.
4. Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
5. Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
6. Thou shalt not buy furniture and large appliances. Wait on purchasing a refrigerator, washer, dryer, couch, etc.
7. Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit.
8. Thou shalt not change bank accounts or make large deposits without first checking with your loan officer.
9. Thou shalt not go to a new home sales agent without a Realtor to represent you. Read why.
10. Thou shalt not co-sign a loan or co-sign anything for anyone.
At Baker Realty, we are experienced agents who know how to handle multiple offer situations. We also know approximately how much you need to offer to land a contract on a home. So contact us today so we may help you meet your goals of homeownership!